REGISTER EARLY to reserve your space in the circle! Registration begins February 27th.
We invite you to share a space in our circle as we embark upon a creative adventure that provides opportunities for experiential nature education. Our wise and playful coyote mentors cultivate a supportive and nurturing environment for children to learn, create, and grow! Our days exploring Ocean Song include:
- Wilderness exploration
- Nature games
- Creative arts
- Herbal knowledge
- Singing and storytelling
- Bird language
- Community building
Hope to see you this summer!
2017 camp information
WHO: Children ages 5-12. Enrollment will be limited, with an instructor to participant ratio of 1:10
PROGRAM DATES AND THEMES: *
- Week 1 June 26 – 30: WEEK 1 IS FULL WITH A WAITING LIST Fur, Feathers, Scales and Fins
- Week 2 July 3 – 7: ALMOST FULL Wilderness Skills and the Shields of Survival*
- Week 3 July 10 – 14: WEEK 3 IS FULL WITH A WAITING LIST Animals, Plants, People, and Place: Weaving our Stories Together*
- Week 4 July 17 – 21: WEEK 4 IS FULL WITH A WAITING LIST Wilderness Skills and Original Technologies
- Week 5 July 24 – 28: WEEK 5 IS FULL WITH A WAITING LIST Sticks and Stones, Clay and Bones: Natural tools for living
COST: EARLY REGISTRATION DISCOUNT! Register and pay in full by May 1st: $290-$400 per child/per week (sliding scale)
Standard Registration: Register after May 1st: $325 – $400 per child/per week (sliding scale). All final payments are due by June 19th, 2017. A $20 late fee will be charged to payments made after this date.
- Please choose a fee within the sliding scale according to your income. We rely on some people paying at the higher end to meet our budget.
- Receive a 5% discount if you register more than one child or register for 2 or more weeks.
- A $60 non-refundable deposit per child/per week is required upon registration to reserve a space.
- *Children ages 9-12 have the option to attend the Coyote Camp overnights on Thursday night July 6th of Week 2, and/or Thursday night July 13th of Week 3 for an additional $65/night.
- Ropes Course Option: Youth ages 10 and up have the option of participating in a full day on the Four Winds Ropes Course on-site at Ocean Song. The ropes course option is offered during weeks 3 and 5 for an additional $65 per child/per week.
- Partial scholarships may be available. Click here for more information.
TO REGISTER: Please print and fill out the registration/waiver form (click here) and mail in with your deposit. An information package will be sent to you by early June. You will receive an e-mail confirmation of your registration once we receive your deposit. If you do not use e-mail, we will confirm your registration by phone.
As part of the Junior Mentor Training Program, older youth have the opportunity to apprentice with our staff of experienced Coyote Mentors in the art of “coyote mentoring.” Working and playing alongside our Coyote Mentors during the summer day camp, the junior mentors are able to participate in all of the fun while taking on an active leadership role in assisting with the mentoring of the younger children and furthering their own hands-on learning adventure. We will be accepting up to 6 junior mentors each week. Junior mentors can apply for one or more weeks.
WHO: The program is open to youth ages 12-14 years old who have attended at least 2 years of Coyote Camp and who have been accepted through the application process. COST: $175-$225 per week (sliding scale) APPLY: Download and print the application here for new junior mentors or returning junior mentors. Applications received by April 21st will be given priority in consideration. Admission to the program will remain open until all spaces are filled for each week.
For questions please contact Annie Klein, Coyote Camp Director, at (707) 318-6948 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsored by Earthways Foundation and Ocean Song Farm and Wilderness Center, Coyote Camp is a continuing legacy which has been inspired in part by the former Ocean Song summer program, Discovery Day Camp. Coyote Camp was founded with the intentions of helping to awaken and inspire the wild hearts and dreams of children and to cultivate a deeper sense of respect, awareness, and appreciation for the earth and all of our relations.
Partial scholarships may be available. Scholarship applications are due by April 21 for notification by May 5. After April 21, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. For a scholarship application and more details about the selection process, please click here.